Everyone benefits when you "Burn Right"
- Save money by burning less wood
- Protect your house against chimney fires
- Fewer emissions mean healthier air in your home
- Save time tending your fire
Your community benefits:
- Less soot and other small particle emissions mean healthier air around your house and in your community
The environment benefits:
Black carbon (soot) in the air is a source of regional and global warming. Soot from woodstoves and boilers lands on Vermont’s snowpack, increasing snow loss and has even been tracked to Greenland and the Arctic, where it accelerates melting of ice sheets and sea ice.